For my second year of creative writing in 4-H, I wrote a poem to present at the fair. I’ve agonized over these words for quite some time. 🙂
Now, the time has come to share it with you guys! After you read the poem, I would so appreciate it if you would comment and answer one or more of the questions below. I just want to make sure it’s as good as it can be! I’ll probably keep editing it until I have to submit it, in all honesty. 😏
i smirk and survey my
sleeping foes midst this clamorous
these captives won’t wake while
my choice poison, apathy,
floods their veins.
one stirs. he may wake! i’ll
go softly sing to him of
that dulled him and lulled him.
he’ll squander his deadened life
these sleepers have allies,
though few, who still fight us till
but my legions prevail, for
masses of our foes fall to
one enemy encroaches.
he cries to his comrades
they won’t hear. i scoff,
though he radiates light from the
Might i fear.
again he cries, gazing up,
pleading, appealing – a
he rises, he runs, spurns
my hisses of specious
i glower. they clasp arms,
now both emanating
their Might’s light.
- What do you think the poem means?
- What should it be titled? I’m stuck, lol.
- Did you get sharp mental pictures while reading the poem? Did any descriptions leave you without a picture?
- Did any words/phrases jump out as being really good or really bad?
- Was anything confusing in any way?
Can’t wait to get your feedback!