God is such a good God – I think if we just lived as he intended for us to live, we wouldn’t suffer many of the physical and mental problems that we experience.
Science has proven that things God provided naturally have many health benefits. However, in our modern world, sometimes we miss out on those simple blessings! Here are some of God’s “remedies” that have helped me.
- Sunlight. Lately, we have had several days of sunlight and slightly warmer temperatures. I seized the opportunity to get out an Adirondack chair several times and sit in direct sunlight while I worked on sitting-down jobs. My mood and energy lift was incredible!
- Fresh air. Breathing fresh air clears my mind and lifts my mood. Just taking a short walk around our property and breathing deeply is very refreshing.
- Sleep. Obvious, right? Everybody knows that sleep should be high on our priority lists. But… It isn’t always. I have been trying really hard lately to get more sleep, and it has helped me physically, mentally, and spiritually. I know it’s often not possible to just get more sleep, but do what you can. ☺ It’s worth it.
- Fasting. Fasting has long been a way of showing God your dedication to him, bringing an important need to him, or some similar pursuit. Science has been proving recently that fasting, and even just not snacking between meals, can do wonders for your well-being. If you’re interested in more info, check out this video!
- Micronutrients. God has given us an incredible variety of foods to eat, but many people eat too much refined, processed food that has been stripped of necessary nutrients. You could have a subclinical nutrient deficiency and not know it! Just remember it’s important to have more colorful vegetables… Instead of colorful Nerds. 😏
- Exercise. Exercising in the morning wakes me up, gives me energy, and relieves stress, along with giving me mental and physical strength. I am so glad to have a strong, healthy body to be able to work out.
- Stretching. Flexibility is youth, as Sean from Sean Vigue Fitness says! Right before bed every night, I do stretches while I pray, both of which help me to relax. If you are tense, it’s really hard to fall asleep, so I try to relieve tension by stretching. It helps!
- His presence. He has provided us with 24 hours in a day, and everyone has at least a few minutes to spend at peace reading his words for us and talking with him. Spending time in his presence is the best part of my day!
I hope something in here was helpful for you.
What do you do for your well-being?
What simple things do you appreciate from God?