This is a dark, fudgy cake that my whole family loves. It comes together very quickly and only requires a few ingredients!
We found the recipe online, but adjusted it a little. Don’t we always 😉
In order to make it healthy, we sub coconut sugar for the sugar. If you’ve never used coconut sugar, I encourage you to try it! You can find it at Walmart, and it tastes like brown sugar. Obviously, it’s still a form of sugar, though a healthier choice. Click here to learn more about what is it and how it is made!
The recipe also requires melted chocolate. One thing I would like to try (but have not yet) is using baking chocolate because it has no sugar in it, and just upping the amount of coconut sugar. A while ago, I wrote a post about what good chocolate is and how to find it.
Dark Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 large beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 8-9 inch pan (round or square) with greased parchment.
- Melt butter and chocolate together.
- Add sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Whisk in eggs, followed by cocoa powder.
- Bake 25 min or until cake reads 200°F in center.
- Let cool for 10 min and serve with toppings of choice! (Suggested toppings: healthy icing, chopped nuts, sliced berries, whipped cream.)
Enjoy your cake, guys! I should have taken pictures of it for you, but… It’s always gone so fast.